I'm happy to announce that I've uploaded Beta 4.0 version of Nav.Net. As I've promised Nav.Net still continues to gain new features. Nav.Net is still freeware. I'm not selling software but I need donations to keep everything up. I really thank to our users who showed their support and donated some to help my work. Also we have a lot of premium members who helps new users in our forum and shares great content. I know they've did it without expectations but their support made that new version possible. As a result I wanted to add some benefits for them. So I've decided to open some new features only for supporter members (donors + premium members).
I'll add Common Feature (CF) and Supporter Feature (SF) tags next to new features. Features tagged with (SF) are available to supporters.
### Important Changes ###
- I've changed how FG asks for files. This will increase Fuskering speed and solve some file skipping problems.
- Nav.Net will no longer store data storage files under installation folder. To access these files easier I've placed a shortcut to StartMenu > Programs > NavNet > NavNet Data Folder. Nav.Net will write / read all files from that folder.
- Nav.Net Beta 4.0 default installation folder is [Program Files]/NavNetApp folder.
- "Force Search to End" setting added to FG Settings. By default this setting is enabled so FG won't stop when it finds a file. And you don't need to add + sign in front of your formats. If you want old FG behaviour and use + for some threads, simply uncheck this setting.
### New Features ###
File Format Verification Tool (CF)
Execution: At FG screen click Tools button under File Formats box.
Usage: This tool will test all formats against some common problems. It will report incorrect formats, incorrectly formatted brackets and formats that generates more than 1.000.000 possiblities. It will also report different formats that generates same results.
Wordlist Formats (CF)
Execution: Create a [wordlist.txt] format to load values from txt file.
Usage: When you declare a [wordlist.txt] or [c:\somewhere\wordlist.txt] it will load values from that txt file. If you don't give full path it will search for wordlist file under NavNet Data Folder. For example you have a citynames.txt file that contains city names on every single line. You can create a format like th_[citynames.txt].jpg for file searches or just [citynames.txt] for subdirectory searches. All words will be tested on a single thread so spliting wordlists to multiple formats will increase performance.
Dictionary Builder Tool (CF)
Execution: At FG Screen click Tools button under File Formats box.
Usage: This tools works connected with Wordlist Formats. It loads words from mutliple wordlist files and generates mutliple wordlist files to work better with Wordlist Formats. Read Dictionary Builder Tutorial.
Conditional Formats (CF)
Execution: Merge file formats with ";" char like file1.jpg;file2.jpg . file2.jpg search will start only if file1.jpg found. There are a lot of usage possibilities of this syntax. We have a lot of information about this format in our forum. I'll also create a tutorial and post it to website.
Browser Security Tool (CF)
Basic browser security added to disable some unwanted content. A simple blocker logic blocks some .js content that seems harmful. If it blocks content you'll see a Blocked icon at status bar. You can override block by clicking over that icon. If a site is in trusted sites list you'll see a Trusted icon instead.
Connection Protector (CF)
If connection lost while FG running Connection Protector activates. It automatically pauses FG session, waits until connection comes back and continues FG session.
High Speed Fuskering (SF)
Compared to older versions fuskering will be faster but when high speed mode activated FG will fusker faster. While fuskering continues browsing images or using other nav.net features can cause connection problems because of speed. To activate FULL SPEED minimize nav.net while FG session running. If you restore nav.net it will decrease speed to safe point again. Sometimes you'll want to check if Nav.Net found something or not. If you double click to tray icon while working on high speed mode, instead of restoring Nav.Net screen it will popup a small monitor screen. Depending on your computer configuration while nav.net working on minimized mode some external problems can cause connection problems. In this case connection protector will activate itself and continue fuskering in a couple of minutes.
Previewing Found Files (CF)
When you want to display found files in a FG session go to Sessions tab and click Preview Found Files button. It will display all images in browser. You can click download button to download all images.
Changing Startup Page (SF)
When you start nav.net it will automatically display Nav.Net website. You can change startup page or disable this feature from Program Settings.
Increasing Download Manager Threads (SF)
You can increase Download Manager thread count from Program settings. You'll be able to download more files at a time and it will work faster.
Download Manager File Rename Feature (CF)
By default DM won't rename every file names anymore. It will only rename file if another file with same name downloaded before. If you disable file renaming feature it will skip previously downloaded files. If you are an advanced user you can define some custom renaming actions with subdirectory patterns. See Imagefap subdirectory pattern for customizing save behaviour.
Displaying a List of Found Files & Directories (CF)
View session activity report from FG Sessions tab for a list of found subalbums.
Shared Lists (CF)
Everytime people asks me if I have a good file list. If fact there is no perfect list. When we build common lists you'll see them under FG "Shared Lists" button and you'll be able to download them.
List of other small changes (CF)
- FG Search Behaviour setting removed and "Force Sequential Search" setting added instead.
- Forcing Directory searching to end is possible.
- Pausing individual FG threads possible. FG will automatically continue them at the end of the session.
- Extract Big Images button will work for our requests forum. It will extract images from file lists inside code sections.
- Nav.Net tray icon will display a simple hint about FG progress.
- Settings screen redesigned.
- Browser will redirect file downloads to Nav.Net download manager.
- Merge Lists tool added to FG File List Loading menu. With that tool it is possible to load multiple saved lists at once.
- Other tons of small bugfixes and improvements to increase NavNet performance and usability.
!!! Very Important Note !!! MUST READ !!!
!!! Very Important Note !!! MUST READ !!!
!!! Very Important Note !!! MUST READ !!!
Your software firewall, antivirus software or router firewall settings can affect Nav.Net performance. If you notice sudden stops or connection protector activates frequently most probably your firewall blocking Nav.Net. Nav.Net should create many server connections to increase fuskering performance but some modem / router firewalls forbids that by default settings. First of all if you are not sure what you are doing never disable your entire firewall protection. You have 2 options.
1. If your firewall permits add an exception for Nav.Net. But don't forget most modems / routers have built-in firewalls so configuring your software firewall might not be enough.
2. Leave everything as is. Nav.Net connection protector should recover from that block in 2 or 3 minutes. If you activate high speed fuskering mode leave your computer alone.
For security reasons I won't give detailed information about firewalls. Only experienced users should alter their protection settings.
The last words about supporter settings
New donors will get their confirmation mails as soon as transaction completes. If you didn't get your confirmation mail click [Verify] button at supporter settings screen. A "I forgot my password" link will appear. Click that and complete the steps. If it doesn't work contact email@example.com mail for assitance.
Supporter settings are just my gifts for people who supported Nav.Net without expectations. Please don't donate just to unlock supporter settings. Send your donation to support this project without expectations in return. If everybody can understand what donation is all of us will be fine and future versions will be better...